The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MALE - PART TIME CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS FRESNO CTY CA DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides case management and customer service support for the Field Services Office or Re-Entry Center. Performs client check-in procedures and assists case managers with case coordination and documentation. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
This position will work an average of 28 hours a week. Hours vary as activities dictate, but will include weekends from 11:45 AM - 5:15 PM and various hours weekdays ranging from 7:45 AM -8:15 pm with a minimum of 5.25 hour shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks-in all clients entering the facility. May complete drug screens according to assigned random schedule for each client check-in.
- May perform breath analysis on each client who enters the facility for any purpose and provides a written or computerized result.
- Completes initial intake process with clients to completion, including intake paperwork, input into Company database, and assignment of groups and other services.
- Provides general office administration duties, including answering phones. Provides general customer service to all who enter the facility, including clients, customers and the general public.
- Assists case managers with case coordination, communication with appropriate official agencies, and preparation and distribution of reports.
- Files, prepares charts and performs data entry as assigned.
- May collect client payments, post payments on Company database, and make daily cash deposits.
- May be responsible for office opening and closing procedures.
- May be responsible to install and/or de-install electronic monitoring equipment on clients, and forward documentation to the appropriate agencies and the Company monitoring center.
- May transport clients to the center, community service events, job fairs, employment centers, clinics, etc. using Company vehicle.
- May clean electronic home monitoring (EHM) equipment.
- May facilitate orientation and psycho-educational/behavior modification groups on a weekly basis. Documents clients’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Basic database skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle if required to transport clients.
- Valid State driver’s license and 5-year record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated by state motor vehicle report if required to transport clients.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma required.
- Two years college coursework in Human Services or business discipline preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience in Human Services field with direct client services preferred.
- Minimum of six months experience working with minority populations preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age with at least five years driving experience if required to transport clients.
- Typical office environment.
- Position requires direct contact with clients and observation of clients submitting urine for urinalysis testing.
- Local travel may be required using Company vehicle.
- Incumbent may be required to carry a pager after regular business hours to screen and respond to electronic monitoring alerts.
- The work environment and physical demands described below are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment such as computer, keyboard, telephone, fax machine and copier.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds to handle office supplies, equipment.
- Valid state driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle if required to transport clients.
- Male BFOQ based on privacy considerations - UA requirements to observe males.