The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BO ROBINSON
Compensation Base: $14.50
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides defined medical care to residents in a sensitive, caring and professional manner including carrying out direct physician orders or working within the guidelines of Health Services Administrator, administering medications and providing day-to-day care within the scope of his/her professional practice. This position contributes to the therapeutic residential setting by serving as a resource to staff and as a role model of therapeutic and ethical staff practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine EKG, blood draws, blood sugar finger sticks and urinalysis.
- Documents completely all patient encounters in the medical records.
- Schedules patient appointments during open sick call hours.
- Performs daily weights, intake and output as directed by the physician or RN.
- Prepares patients for nurse and doctor sick call by taking vital signs and weights.
- Plant PPDs and Tetanus injections once trained.
- Assist in performing initial evaluations for new arrivals.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other correctional personnel, nursing staff, physician and other outside agencies.
- Performs office duties such as answering phone calls, pulling medical records, etc.
- Performs a variety of duties not listed, to be determined, and assigned as needed for the medical department.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- Functions under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse as per written orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- One (1) year of experience in an office setting or clinic
- Ability to use personal computers and associated software applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer