The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: South Bay Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides the daily supervision of the facility information system needs including reports, and all hardware and software administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with administrative staff to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Manages the Information Systems Department and handles related issues throughout the facility. With direction from Corporate IS, generates and maintains Facility IS budgets, policies, procedures and reports. Hires and evaluates IS Technical Support personnel. Knowledge of corporate IS policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA. Evaluates and projects PC Resource requirements and makes recommendations to management.
- Supervises the management of the facility computer systems and network. Ensures the safety and security of sensitive facility data. Ensures adequate support staff for the installation and configuration of multiple systems to users desktops. Provides and ensures daily operational management of all desktops/laptops. Provide break/fix technology refresh and new PC installations for local installations. Supervises the daily work of the MIS Specialist.
- Receives IS direction from Corporate IS department. Participates in IS activities with regional and corporate IS managers. Coordinates hospital interface with all corporate IS systems. Coordinates and collates information for hospital wide use as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science required. A four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Four years experience in associated Information Systems field support required. Must have a minimum of three years of supervisory/management IS experience.
- Ability is required to analyze and evaluate computer systems, install and maintain computer networks; establish and maintain effective working relationships; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations; express ideas and facts clearly and effectively; and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.