The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: FOLKSTON ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for receiving, booking, and maintaining records of newly arriving inmates. Maintains the custody, care and control of inmates. Oversees and monitors inmate activities and enforces policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Confirms the facility has legal authority to admit and the accurate identification of the incoming inmates. Reviews admission documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Searches incoming inmate property for contraband. Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate movements, transfer records, conducts counts, and provides emergency response as required.
- Conducts strip searches of inmate as needed in accordance to facility and contracting agency policy and procedures.
- Supervises inmates in the inmate intake area. May provide inmate supervision and security in other areas as needed.
- May complete initial incoming inmate questionnaires and initiate a inmate file. Coordinates tally of counts as they are reported during each count period. Advises responsible supervisor when count is clear or any discrepancies. Develops and maintains clear records of counts and results.
- Directs the work of the count room staff and other employees. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a correctional setting, one of which was in a position requiring supervisory capabilities. Booking or intake experience preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.