The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: RIO GRANDE DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $15.59
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs plumbing related work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill. May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete each work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- Performs plumbing, piping, boiler repairs, installation of washbasins and toilet facilities, and any other work pertaining to facility plumbing/boiler systems.
- May occasionally perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May occasionally perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees. (Refer to Corrections Officer job description for additional information.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in plumbing or pipe-fitting work required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Level II Distribution and Collection certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Plumbing license preferred.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret plumbing blueprints and schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling twenty-four (24) hour period.