The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: NM MEN'S RECOVERY ACADEMY(NMMRA)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position has the primary responsibility of providing therapeutic program services to resident offenders. It is assigned a specific caseload of residents and monitors the service delivery for them while they are enrolled in the program. These services may include didactic, psycho- educational, individual and group counseling, peer awareness activities, therapeutic encounters, crisis intervention and recordkeeping. The Counselor/Case Manager provides these services within the scope of local certification, licensure and credentialing authorities and in accordance with internal and external assurances and prohibitions.
This is a full time position with benefits and PTO.
The schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Wages are $15.00 per hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with standard internal and external and other accrediting agency contract policies and procedures.
- Facilitates daily clinical program activities in accordance with the established clinical schedule.
- Activities may include daily process groups and therapeutic community (TC) meetings, weekly program curriculum lectures, Substance Abuse Education, Life Skills seminars, caseload groups and specialized groups focusing on the areas of Anger Management, Relapse Prevention, Job Readiness preparation and Parenting Skills.
- Conducts initial intake session with new residents assigned to the program and orientate them about program requirements, reviews the resident's criminal file and establishes a preliminary treatment plan.
- Conducts bi-weekly individual counseling sessions with assigned caseload. These sessions may include the following tasks: completion of a monthly progress report, monthly treatment planning, goal-setting, crisis intervention, behavioral adjustment sessions, psychological referrals, and discharge planning in order to provide recommendations and referral sites for continued treatment upon their release
- Maintains clinical charts (electronic and hard copy versions) for assigned inmate caseload and ensures all documentation is completed in accordance with established deadlines and program policies.
- Monitors and addresses behavioral issues displayed by the resident population and conducts daily visual room inspections.
- Participates in compilation of data and program reporting functions.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a Behavioral Science field such as Psychology, Sociology, or Human Relations.
- Licensed Substance Abuse Associate (LSAA) is required.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program.
- Experience working with a corrections population is desired along with substance abuse treatment experience.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Organized, and demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.