The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Camp Aspen
Compensation Base: 19.23 per hr.
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists teachers in helping students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth, and maturation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates daily educational progress notes and assessments on assigned student caseload.
- Remediates individual student skill deficits under teacher or supervisor’s direction.
- Provides tutoring in General Education Diploma (GED) and/or other academic curriculum.
- Evaluates students’ progress and performance.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of crisis intervention techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal Background checks (Federal, State, Sex Offender, and Child Abuse registry).
- Pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s State of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.