The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN, QUALITY CONTROL
at The Geo Group
Facility: East Hidalgo Detention Center
Compensation Base: $30.60 Hrly + $4.41 H&W
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs quality improvement activities in the daily operations in Health Services. The RN, Quality Control performs the duties of the department as described below and in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards and regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with inquiries by outside agencies during audits or reviews.
- Assists in the development of processes and procedures to ensure quality patient services and compliance of professional standards.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Analyzes and monitors performance data to determine trends to reduce costs and improve patient services.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, understands work processes, identifies the root causes of variation, develops feasible change options, implements the changes, measures the impact or result of improvements, and makes recommendations to maintain or make further enhancements.
- Identifies and assists in resolving areas of non-compliance, and facilitates improvement and integration of standards into work processes and systems.
- Measures the impact of improvement initiatives.
- Assures the improvement activities are documented and reported within the organization and externally as appropriate.
- Reviews or evaluates the services of health care providers or facilities and charges for such services
- Applies and appropriately uses performance enhancing tools in support of the improvement process (cause-effect diagrams, flow charts, brain storming), problem analysis and measurement.
- Plans and organizes quality control programs and activities
- Provides recommendations and reports to management, as necessary/required, concerning quality control programs and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN in this state.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Possesses knowledge of and adheres to OSHA regulations and infection control standards
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Exhibiting excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written) skills
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing assessments, and be able to provide appropriate treatment utilizing approved protocols.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.