The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN
at The Geo Group
Facility: ABRAXAS OF OHIO
Compensation Base: 11.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
**$2,000 Sign On Bonus**
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Shift: 11PM - 7AM
DAYS OFF: Tuesday/Wednesday OR Wednesday/Thursday
The primary function of the Youth Development Technician is to supervise clients during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, Youth Development Technician assist in the management of the morning wake-up routine by educating, guiding and directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts meaningfully with clients.
- Completes security calls to Youth Development Operations Leader.
- Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s).
- Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures client location.
- Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
**$2,000 Sign On Bonus**
Current GEO employees and re-hires are not eligible for sign on bonus