The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*PREMIUM PAY*Registered Nurse(RN) - Market Float Pool - FT Nights(7p-7a)
at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
The RN float will accept assignments in various nursing departments of competency within designated facilities as needed. These departments may include, but are not limited to: Medical, Surgical, Telemetry, Orthopedics and Critical Care. The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing program, a valid license to practice in the State of Texas
- Minimum of two years RN clinical nursing experience and proven competency in at least three of the four fields required.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State Texas to practice professional nursing.
- RNs are supported in obtaining certification in their specialty area.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
- National Institute of Healthcare Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certifications (Required within 90 days of hire)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) (Required within 30 days of hire)
- For additional required certifications; See Staff Education Plan
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English; additional languages helpful.