The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Supervise CIP Program staff and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Facilitate CIP case conference and staff meetings.
- Conduct intake and discharge file reviews.
- Assist Veteran Services Coordinator with facilitation of staff trainings.
- Ensure logs, census, and VA reports are accurate and timely.
- Accompany Housing Case Manager while conducting home visits to provide case management services.
- Provide direct case management services to homeless veterans in 42 GPD beds.
- Screen veterans’ eligibility for the program and facilitate the intake process.
- Coordinate care with VA personnel and others on behalf of participants for eligibility documentation, mental and physical health services.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of community employment agencies and procedures, along with modifications to those procedures.
- Assist veterans to identify mainstream needs and facilitate the process with appropriate service providers to meet those needs.
- Maintain, record, and report progression of veterans and their families through program participation.
- Perform interventions and crisis-oriented counseling.
- Conduct outreach activities, including visits to facilities such as shelters, treatment programs, soup kitchens and other locations where homeless and at-risk families may congregate.
- Maintain client databases and referrals for services and generate reports.
- Complete accurate and timely data entry into the HMIS system.
- Maintain participant confidentiality at all time.
- Attend all scheduled team meetings and trainings.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services related discipline and three years of relevant experience. Minimum seven years of case management or counseling experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- CADC or LSW preferred.
- Experience working with homeless and/or at-risk individuals and families required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff and community partners.
- Must have a valid Driver License, clean driving record and own registered and insured vehicle for client visits. Mileage reimbursement will be provided and company vehicle will be available for any transporting of clients.
- Veteran status preferred.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.