The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services Coordinator
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate all Social Service Programs in Roswell, NM and CSFP granted counties in NM.
- Monitor the activities of assigned personnel, ensuring adequate communication with all staff relating to adherence to Army policy and their particular job descriptions, prepare annual salary/performance review proposals for approval by Divisional Headquarters
- Identify, plan, organize and implement social service activities in order to maximize services provided to those in need
- Maintain all policies and procedures for all programs under the scope of the Social Service Department
- Supervise the production of reports, statistics and monthly allocations to all programs under their supervision to insure compliance with contractual obligations
- Develop and assist Program Coordinators with annual budgets, including all program contacts
- Seek new resources and serve as a liaison between The Salvation Army and various funding sources/agencies
- Prepare grant applications, proposals, write and research new grants
- Coordinate the production of reports, statistics and monthly billing per the requirement of each contract or grant
- Evaluate existing programs by developing outcome measures and recommending improvements
- Design new programs, as needed and develop outcome measures for evaluation and funding source accountability
- Coordinate staff training and development
- Act as community/government liaison in regards to Social Service issues
- Promote CSFP services with the media communicating eligibility and information on service
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Social Work, related field and 5 years minimum experience in human or social services preferred.
- Grant compliance and writing experience
- Administrative Management experience
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and MS Word/Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.