Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Manager
at Timbers Resorts
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities and staffing of the Front Office, PBX, Concierge and Guest Services to ensure proper completion of all required tasks in a courteous and friendly atmosphere; assists guests and owners to maintain and exceed The Sebastian Vail standards and driving financial performance.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department; prepares and manages assigned budget.
- Oversees the selection, training, professional development and discipline of staff.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of service standards.
- Identifies guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Facilitates problem resolution to presented guest challenges.
- Drives guest engagement and problem resolution.
- Ensures all assigned department operations are operating in an efficient and effective manner.
- Utilizes suggestive selling skills and company sales guidelines to maximize revenue and occupancy levels. Creates measureable up sale goals for front desk agents
- Maintains knowledge of room details as well as rates, packages, discounts and group package plans in order to process reservation requests or cancellations if needed.
- Maintains awareness of group reservations and activities on and off site.
- Performs all Front Office, PBX, Concierge and Guest Services duties as required.
- Oversees and assists with charges and payments to guest, club owner and house accounts.
- Oversees and assists with the balancing of the Front Desk cash drawers and all applicable Front desk city ledgers.
- Oversees the daily night audit to ensure all postings are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversees and reviews shift and time card reports daily.
- Manages logistics of large check-ins and check-outs coordinating with housekeeping to execute flawlessly and meet all guests and owners requests and needs pre -arrival.
- Maintains accounting of lost & found items and forwards to Housekeeping.
- Ensures all front of house areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and all assigned staff are in compliance with our grooming standards.
- Ensures all call logs, MOD reports, Daily reports and opportunity logs are filed and communicated appropriately and timely to applicable parties.
- Works closely with Reservations Manager to properly yield manage room inventory.
- Ensures maintenance of required supply inventory; replenishes or requisitions any supplies needed.
- Ensure proper processing of hotel wake-up call program.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures and observes safety precautions required to protect hotel and guest property as well as meeting and implementing energy and sustainable conservation efforts.
- Oversees safe deposit box operations.
- Notifies engineering of areas needing attention in respect of maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints/queries satisfactorily while maintaining a courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Leads all department and interdepartmental communications.
- Assists with all information necessary for budgeting purposes annually, seasonally or quarterly as requested.
- Oversees duty rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- Ensures adherence to safety and emergency procedures required to protect hotel and guest property.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a hospitality setting, stamina to stand for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management or a related field; AND four (4) years of hotel operations experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles, practices and techniques of the hospitality industry.
- Computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets and hotel information systems (SMS).
- Policies and procedures of the department and company.
- Inventory and record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Efficiently and effectively performing front of house operations management duties.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Making accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Reading, understanding and following reservation policies and procedures.
- Producing standard written communication and reports.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.