Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AUTS - Field - Foreman
at Allied Universal
Allied Universal® Technology Services, one of the largest security systems integrators in the United States, offers comprehensive and integrated technology solutions to help clients mitigate risk and protect people and assets. Allied Universal® Technology Services all-inclusive service approach offers intelligent and seamless technology solutions from electronic access control, video surveillance, fire/life safety, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, technological threat management and response, and other smart tech innovative solutions, including a broad array of hosted /managed services via the company’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), and the Global Security Operating Center.
We are in a growth mode and continue to hire talented Installation and Service Technicians, Monitoring Agents, Coordinators, Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Branch Leadership and Sales Professionals. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® Technology Services today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Foreman. The Foreman inspects the work of the Inside Wireman/Installer and addresses any issues that arise during the construction process as it relates to the previously agreed upon scope of work. The Foreman is typically responsible for installing the network of low voltage cabling used for video, voice and data, fire alarm and/or other low voltage signaling.
Job Description: There are many systems that utilize low voltage voice, data, video, and fire devices and a properly trained Foreman should be able to work on a variety to provide the best installation management specific to the project.
- Plans and initiates projects;
- Understands and follows the site building plans adhering to all construction systems and regulations;
- Installs underground voice, data, video, and fire devices feeders to facilities;
- Determines pathways, hangers, and spaces for installation of low voltage wiring;
- Installs, terminates, and tests wires and cables, both copper and fiber-optic;
- Installs, tests, certifies, and troubleshoots Local Area Network (LAN) cabling systems;
- Lays out, installs, and verifies Operation of Security and Access Control Systems;
- Installs communications and sound distribution systems;
- Provides testing, analysis, and repair of video, voice, and data systems; including electronic devices;
- Prefabricates systems, such as telecommunications racks, for field installation;
- Works on other sub-systems such as communications, entertainment, environmental, fire life safety and access control;
- Seals all penetrations through rated areas with approved fire stopping methods;
- Verifies the time-sheets for all Wireman/Installers and ensures the project work was completed and meets the industry standards for workmanship;
- Attends production meetings hosted by builders to more effectively manage the scope of work;
- Develops relationships with the other trades to improve overall project communication resulting in greater productivity and efficiencies;
- Responsible for capturing and turning in weekly meeting notes;
- Records all conversations pertaining to scope of work alterations;
- Maintains a red line set of job plans and turns them in upon project completion;
- Lines out people assigned to his/her job-site to maintain an efficient completion of the scope of work;
- Maintains all safety requirements and immediately reports anyone not in compliance with proper safety procedures;
- Generates RFI’s to answer questions necessary to complete scope of work;
- Orders material per project scope and ensures delivery and availability for time of install;
- Develops and trains future Foremen and promotes a positive work environment for the Wireman/Installers.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Environment:
- While most installations are in buildings partially or fully enclosed to protect from sun, wind and rain, they are often installed before air conditioning, heat, or permanent light fixtures. Other projects will require work to be performed outside in varying weather conditions. Some work is in completed structures currently in use.
- Backbone voice and data cables are routed between the entrance facility (where communications signals enter a building) to equipment rooms and telephone rooms. Voice and data horizontal cables are routed between telephone rooms or equipment rooms and individual workstations throughout the building. Equipment rooms often contain energized equipment such as hubs, file servers, electrical panels or telephone switches.
- In some cases these devices are configured and connected to equipment that currently serves the building and must not be interrupted. Any questions regarding how a system goes together or works must be immediately brought to the attention of the foreman.
- The Foreman oversees and participates in the installation voice, data, video, and fire devices at the time of trim in designated locations as identified on the approved plans/layouts. Additionally, they install punch down blocks and cross connects in telephone rooms when required. These may be wall mounted or rack mounted, and must be grouped and identified according to specific installation standards. Whether the work is new construction or in existing office or manufacturing spaces, the craftsmen takes pride in the work he/she has performed. All testing required to insure the installation was properly completed must be done to avoid return repair or quality control visits.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.