Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire System Assistant - Burns Harbor, IN
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning
Security & Fires Alarm Service Technician
Summary: Assist in the installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of fire pumps, fire hydrants and fire systems.
- Must have basic computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoct Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Must have the ability to learn and work with proprietary software related to fire system maintenance and inspections.
- Should be able to read and understand manuals related to fire systems.
- Should have maintenance, mechanical, testing or electrical skills.
- Should be able to read and follow blue prints.
- Should be able to use basic hand and power tools to include the use of a multimeter.
- Should have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical demands including lifting, climbing stairs, standing, stooping, kneeling and working under all temperature variations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience strongly preferred;
- Current state issued driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required;
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines;
- This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all directions and instructions from Supervisors and Service Coordinators are followed;
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required;
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports
- The employee must constantly walk, reach with hands and arms, and drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps;
- The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time;
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift;
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities;
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce