Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospital Security Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Officer. The Professional Security Officer will be working in a hospital/health care environment for Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The Professional Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing staff or help transport expired patients
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or Verifiable High School Diploma or GED (Certificates of Completion not acceptable)
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- 7 Years of verifiable experience, with 3 years in security, customer service or related field.
- Armed officers should have prior military or law enforcement experience, or comparable training or certification, and must pass a Psychological Evaluation
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situation; as well as have flexible availability outside of regular schedule
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.