Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Security Operations Center (SOC) Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Overnight Security Operations Center (SOC) Officers to work in the University area of Charlotte
Shift Detail: Monday-Friday 11:00PM-7:00AM
Professional Security Operations Center Officer (SOC) is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. Our professional SOC officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness. Professional Security Operations Center Officer positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
The Professional SOC Security Officer may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility where they work. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Ensures that the facility is provided with high-quality security services to protect people and property
- Communicates effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity
- Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answers phones, greets guests and employees
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms
- Monitors and operates facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations
- Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Handles security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contacts Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embraces security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Maintains awareness of and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday 11PM-7AM
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.