Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Guard FT/PT - Waterloo, Ontario Canada
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer Level
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, who meet the eligibility requirements, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, an employee assistance program and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Security Guard position (Full time) - Waterloo - 2 VACANCIES FULL TIME & MULTIPLE POSITIONS PART TIME (Must have a flexible availability).
Pay Rate $18.00 per hour
- Completion of high school
Required License or certification:
- Security Guard License (Ontario) (Required), Ontario Class G Driver’s License (preferred) & First Aid CPR Certificate (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time
Hourly Wage: $18.00
We are seeking a Security Professional to become an integral part of our security team, please see the job description below:
- Must be comfortable working on a computer for long periods of time
- Monitor alarms (local and remote) through various types of computer software
- Respond to emergency situations
- Provision access onto access badges
- Perform building patrols and vehicular patrols
- Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules
- Warn violators of premise rules and regulations
- Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Previous experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields is a requirement as well
- Familiarity with security equipment, CCTV, access control systems, access badges.
- Strong attention to detail
Shift Schedule (example):
Two week rotating schedule - must be available for this schedule upon hire:
Monday & Tuesday (Day Shifts 0700-1900)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday (Days Shifts 0700-1900)
Monday & Tuesday (Night Shifts 1900-0700)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday (Night Shifts 1900-0700)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.