University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Services Representative - req# 12212
at University of New Mexico
|Working Title||HR Services Representative|
The University of New Mexico is seeking to hire an HR Services Representative to join the Human Resources Service Center within the UNM Division of Human Resources.
Our team is currently seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking, customer service oriented and results driven HR Services Representative. This position supports multiple units in Human Resources to ensure we are meeting all areas of compliance with state, federal, and/or University policies. The HR Services Representative provides operational and administrative support in the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources Services Center office.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Providing first-line assistance to employees, applicants and the general public regarding general human resources administrative assistance.
· Providing reception services, answering basic questions, providing standard policy/procedural information, and performing routine problem resolution. Referral on matters pertaining to employment, employee benefits, compensation, and/or employee relations administration.
· Reviewing, processing, routing and/or managing a wide range of incoming staff personnel and benefits documentation and records, following established confidentiality and records retention procedures.
· Filing benefit and personnel paperwork and quality checking employee records
· Researching and reviewing files and ensuring all files are organized and stored properly
· Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
· Detail-oriented, exceptional multi-tasker, and comfortable in an environment where priorities change quickly and often
· Ability to work independently, collaborate with a team and take initiative
· Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures
· Knowledge using Microsoft Office Application, Banner and an electronic management system
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||HR Service Center (730B5)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Pay||$10.23 - $15.35/Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the UNM benefits home page for more information. https://hr.unm.edu/benefits|
|ERB Statement||Temporary employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||2/18/2020|
|Application Instructions||It is required that your application reflects that you meet the minimum qualifications in the Education and Employment History sections. Please provide at least three (3) supervisory references.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.