|Working Title||Outreach Coordinator|
The University of New Mexico’s (UNM) Global Education Officeis excited to announce an opening for an Outreach Coordinator position. Thisindividual will be responsible for developing professional communication andmarketing materials, as well as the coordination and scheduling of diplomaticand academic delegations visits. The successful candidate will facilitate professionaloutreach on behalf of the Global Education Office (GEO) with a variety ofconstituents including students, faculty and international partners. Thisposition is part of the GEO Administrative team and will assist with a varietyof support services within the department. This is a benefits eligible positionincluding health insurance, paid time off, and tuition remission.
- Specific Dutiesand Responsibilities
Authors, copy-edit, revise, and produce high-engagement social media and web content that promotes UNM GEO’s educational programs, services, and reflects our brand’s voice with minimal errors.
- Work in coordination with marketing, communications, and other GEO and campus staff to develop a variety of content marketing materials, public relations, procedural information, and general copy. May provide support in the production of grant applications.
- Serve as a first point of contact for media requesting information and coordinating official responses in coordination with senior staff and the Executive Director for Global Initiatives.
- Coordinate the processing, verification, and publishing of translated marketing and outreach materials.
- Utilize WSYWYG content management systems to design social media and web content in consideration of UNM GEO’s graphic design standards.
- Serve on cross-functional committees and teams to execute strategic outreach activities & projects.
- Arranging effective and accurate foreign partner site visit itineraries & assists with coordination of international travel logistics for GEO senior staff with a moderate to high degree of complexity. Processing travel reimbursements for Executive Director and GEO Sr. Staff in a timely manner in alignment with University policy and procedure.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes with a moderate degree of complexity with emphasis on accuracy and attention to project deadlines. Maintains calendars, including Executive Director's schedule, coordinates and facilitates meetings, facilities usage, administrative support for department events.
- Provides and/or oversees support activities for the unit such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries from visitors, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
See the Position Description for additional information.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Demonstrated experience authoring a variety of marketing and outreach correspondence with attention to brand/voice and attention-to-detail for an international audience
- Demonstrated experience copyediting materials for professional publication
- Experience with managing an active business social media and web presence
- Exceptional skill in the nuances of social media writing, including appropriate use of images, hashtags, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, with ability to manage multiple email accounts and calendars.
- Strong organization and professional communication skills, with proven ability to multi-task successfully in a fast paced office environment
- Commitment to working in a diverse, multi-cultural and inclusive environment
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop
- Intermediate ability to utilize web CMS and WSYWYG editors with interest in growing skills in this area
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Global Education Office (064A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||One year from date of hire|
|Pay||$14.07 - $16.88|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/8/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please provide a resume and cover letter that addresses how you meet and/or exceed the preferred qualifications of the position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.