University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems/Network Analyst 2 - req# 12226
at University of New Mexico
Systems/Network Analyst 2
|Working Title||Systems/Network Analyst 2|
The System/Network Analyst 2 is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, security and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the EDAC infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, empowering staff, students, and partners to meet and exceed technical requirements.
3. Provide all desktop support for staff from setting up new computers to providing updates, installing software and troubleshooting.
7. Uses discretionary judgement to consult with users to collect information/gather requirements for existing or proposed network, security and computing devices, server systems, multiuser applications, and/or databases including capacity planning, security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and upgrade planning. Provides input regarding design and cost, coordinates tasks for the installation/maintance of networks or systems for short- and medium-range projects.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Position deals with a variety of complexities. These complexities are typically unclear and requires research to determination of which solution, among many possible solutions, is the best.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS
1. Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
2. Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Prefer 2 to 4 years of experience, in addition to minimum requirements
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Earth Data Analysis Center (985A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2021|
|Pay||$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 (Monthly)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||2/24/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Complete online application, cover letter, and applicable certifications
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.