University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Administrator 1 - req# 8357
at University of New Mexico
Unit Administrator 1
|Working Title||Unit Administrator 1|
The University of New Mexico’s Safety & Risk Services (SRS) Department currently seeks a Unit Administrator 1 to oversee all day-to-day internal and external finance and human resources activities of the department.
Duties and responsibilities of the Unit Administrator will include, but not are limited to the following:
* Manages daily admnistrative operations of the organization; supervises and trains clerical and support staff and/or interns in performance of programmatic and administrative activities, as appropriate to the position.
* Oversees and coordinates the fiscal activity of the department, to include participation in development and management of operating budgets, contracts and/or grants administration, inventory management, payroll administration, travel, purchasing, and/or distributions; reviews and reconciles monthly ledgers and reports for unit accounts, and assists with departmental fiscal planning.
* May oversee and coordinate inventory management, records maintenance, payroll administration and travel; administers building security, safety procedures for the operating environment and coordinates space assignments for the unit.
* Reviews, reconciles, and evaluates monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports for unit accounts.
* Assists in and provides input to determining strategic objectives for the organization, including research, trend analysis, and compilation and preparation of statistical, regular, and ad hoc reports; assists with program/project development.
* Participates in the formulation of department policies and operations; ensures the fiscal, operational and personnel practices are in compliance with university regulations; assists and provides input to determining strategic objectives for the department; interprets university and department policies and advises staff and students on their provisions.
* Assists with departmental personnel planning; has signatory authority for various personnel transactions; oversees and/or processes employment and various HR related documents, and provides information on administrative procedures and requirements to faculty and/or staff.
* Coordinates department programs, seminars, workshops, travel arrangements, special projects, and/or events; may coordinate program/project development and planning.
* Supervise personnel, which typically include recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: fiscal services, administration and/or human resources AND 1 year of additional experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
· Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
· Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
· Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
· Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
· Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office workflow and administrative processes.
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Skill in use of personal computers and related software
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Safety & Risk Services (685A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||6/3/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please complete an application and include a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter address how your experience needs the requirements and preferences for this position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.