Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Ambulatory Financial Counseling
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Access, this position directly supervises the Eligibility Specialists and Financial Counselors at the Family Health Centers, Comprehensive Health Center, and Pre-processing Center and provides back-up coverage for all functions to enable the department to achieve its productivity and financial goals. This position ensures that patients receiving services from Valleywise Health have been properly screened for various self-pay financial assistance programs. This position ensures that staffs are compliant with policies and process; obtains necessary verification of insurance and other eligibility programs; initiates and assists patients in completing the AHCCCS application; tracks and monitors the completion of the AHCCCS application; and performs quality checks on all eligibility/AHCCCS applications initiated in the department and ensures they are processed on every self pay or unverifiable payer source. Also performs Quality Assurance Checks on the AHCCCS application program and works with management and other staff to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, healthcare or related field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare admitting or patient financial services related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Experience working with insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility is highly desirable.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to obtain confidential information and have a working knowledge of the AHCCCS application process.
- Must have detailed knowledge and understanding of DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigative techniques in order to obtain information that may not be offered.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of various automated eligibility systems and web based applications.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale. Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.