Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Educator - Clinic
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Women's Health
- 40 hrs/wk (M-Th 10am to 7pm, F-8am to 5pm, occas. Sat. 9am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Assist patients in completing eligibility and application packets. Provide direct information, education, and referrals to individuals and groups in target population as required by program and/or as directed.
- Instruct clients on the documents necessary for the eligibility process following strict guidelines for eligibility processing
- Provide overview of relevant programs and assist in the application process
- Monitor access to ensure that patients can obtain timely medical care
- Conduct financial screening and qualify patients for presumptive eligibility under the Medi-cal program
- Provide case management services to clients including coordination with client, family members, client support systems and members of the interdisciplinary team
- High School diploma or equivalent with four years' of experience in community education and/or direct patient services
- Current CPR certication
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Experience/familiarity with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Experience with a Medi-Cal program in an outpatient setting
- Knowledge of community health centers, and public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities