Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - La Habra, CA
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- US-CA-La Habra
- Regular Full-Time
- Family Medicine
- 40 hrs/wk (M-W-Th-F 8am to 5pm, T-10am to 7pm, 1 Sat. a mo. 9am to 4pm)
Full-time from 8am to 5pm, except Wednesday 10am to 7pm and switch off 1 Saturday a month!
Join a great team of professionals serving the La Habra community!!
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Supports physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and/or nurses by taking vitals, assisting in medical examinations and other specific procedures, and providing translation services.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist providers with the examination and/or procedure
- Take vital signs, height and weight of patients; plot growth charts; administer immunizations
- Perform laboratory and screening tests customarily performed in a medical office such as visual acuity, audiometric screening, Snellen tests, spirometry tests and EKG’s
- Give counseling, care and follow-up instructions, health education and materials to patients as instructed by provider
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification indicating completion of program from an approved school or hospital including externship
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of one year back office experience in a clinical environment
- Phlebotomy experience; certificate preferred
- Good knowledge of general back office procedures, such as taking vitals, performing venipuncture, administering immunizations, etc
- Good comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish
- Emergency response capability for possible crisis situations
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities