Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Dental Hygienist
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- US-CA-Lake Elsinore
- Per Diem (on-call)
- (On Call)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Complete dental hygiene assessments, develop, plan and implement direct dental hygiene care plan. Provide oral health education, counseling, health screenings, and associated services to patients. Under the general supervision of a qualified dentist, participate in the preventive and therapeutic dental treatment of patients by performing oral prophylaxis, scaling, root planning, applying topical fluorides, therapeutic and subgingival agents for the control of caries and periodontal disease. Take and develop radiographs; set up instruments and other equipment, sterilize instruments. Utilize established dental hygiene protocol and procedures to control oral disease and help patients achieve and maintain optimal oral health.
- Assess dental hygiene condition of patient; use patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting; take patient vital signs as required
- Deliver direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures; perform routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, scaling and root planning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants, therapeutic and subgingival agent, fluorides and related procedures
- Develop and implement individualized dental hygiene care plans for patients; perform oral health education for patient and/or family
- Educate and counsel children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition
- Perform chair side assistance to dentist in the performance of special tests, procedures, and complex treatments
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Licensed to practice as a registered dental hygienist in California
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene program
- CPR certified
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Valid CA driver's license and proof of auto insurance to travel at least 6 times a year to other locations.
- Satisfactory completion of board-approved courses of instruction in: soft-tissue curettage, administration of local anesthetic, and administration of nitrous oxide and oxygen
- Knowledge of Federal, State and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental services in an ambulatory care setting
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal, and associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients
- Knowledge of patient screening, charting, and medical history procedures and documentation
- Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures
- Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans
- Knowledge and understanding of dental surgery and associated procedures, terminology and techniques
- Basic computer knowledge, internet use, MS office and data entry skills