Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Development Coordinator - RN
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
Staff Development Coordinator - RN
- Are you a friendly person with a caring attitude?
- Can you solve problems effectively?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall educational needs, manage and implement infection control, and ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Medical Director facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Update business office with current posting of all employees’ contact information.
- Ensure all employees receive state and federally required in-service training, CNA certification training, compliance training and education necessary for their jobs by planning, organizing, scheduling, teaching and coordinating corporate directed training, seminars, conferences and other professional meetings.
- Assist with record keeping for facility in-service education, orientation, tardiness, absenteeism, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure that documentation for all training is completed in accordance with state, federal and internal compliance requirements.
- Administer Silverchair online learning system.
- Coordinate new employee general orientation and job specific orientation for all employees.
- Establish and maintain core competencies specific to the facility with an established annual calendar to ensure compliance.
- Ensure TB test has been obtained for employees and contract workers; perform TB surveillance.
- Perform Infection Control Facility (ICF) surveillance.
- Perform Immunizations.
- Prepare Infection Control Report for Performance Improvement Committee (PIC) Meetings.
- Manage and implement Infection Control Program through monthly surveillance.
- Supervise outbreak management as needed including staff and resident in-services, liaison to Public Health Department and oversight of specimens and logs.
- Serve on various committees such as PIC and Safety.
- Coordinate random audits of safety and sanitation functions.
- Incorporate culture change (i.e. person-directed/person-centered care) principles into all aspects of job.
- In DON absence or emergency situation, completes pre-admission assessments and participate in decision making process regarding new admissions, as directed by the Administrator.
- Will be involved with on-call practice as designated by community supervisor.
- In emergency situations, functions as a charge or treatment nurse as required, with or without notice.
- Work with Director of Nursing when scheduling modified work duty employees in accordance with work restrictions and facility policy.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Attend regular leadership and staff meetings.
- Ensure that work/assignment area is clean, equipment needs are met, and supplies are properly stored.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training techniques.
- Skilled in developing and conducting training programs.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
License: Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in Colorado, CPR Certification