Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant
at Volunteers of America
COME BE A PART OF OUR TEAM AND CARE FOR OTHERS!
OBJECTIVE: The primary role of the Certified Nursing Assistant is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care, activities of daily living, incidental homemaking and personal care in accordance with established agency nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors. The Nursing Assistant reports any noted changes in the participant as they are noted.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Home Health Functions
* Assists residents with personal care activities, including but not limited to:
? Bathing - full or partial;
? Shampoo/hair care;
? Skin care/nail care, including foot soaks;
? Oral hygiene/denture care;
* Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
* Administer medications and treatments under the director and supervision of the RN (refer to Medication Administration section).
* Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
* Assist with body positioning or transfers of clients who are not ambulatory.
* Perform household services essential to health care at home, including, but not limited to:
? Meal preparation/feeding;
? Light housekeeping.
* Assist with bowel and bladder control, devices and training programs.
* Respond and attend to client requests promptly.
* Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
* Maintain a safe client environment.
* Maintain client confidentiality; treat clients and families with respect.
* Understand, accept and respond to emotional needs of each client.
* Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident condition.
* Reports any indication of resident illness to the nurse.
* Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
* Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
* Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, and visitors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. State approved nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
3. CPR Certified.
4. Have current drivers license
5. Must be a team player.