Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Oversees and directs all food production, food presentation, and all back-of-the-house activity. Expected to meet or exceed community food service standards at all times, adhering to budgetary requirements, and managing kitchen operations in a cost effective manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, staffs, organizes and coordinates the preparation of all meals in all levels of care.
- Ensures compliance with Resident dietary restrictions.
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Gives instructions to cooking staff in fine points of cooking.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes.
- Conducts regular Quality Assurance Audits.
- Ensure passing scores on all applicable inspections.
- Creates weekly schedules for kitchen staff.
- Responsible for all food, non-alcoholic beverages, disposables and chemical inventory.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to ensure standards are met.
- Maintain all inventories in a clean, safe, and organized manner.
- Prices out catering events.
- Works closely with catering staff to ensure successful events.
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Conduct in-services when applicable.
- Participate in the execution of daily meal services.
- Assist and coordinate in menu development.
- Practices safe and sanitary food handling.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Hires, terminates & coaches all kitchen staff.
- Completed all HR paperwork for hiring, performance reviews and terminations.
- Make sure all Associates time records are accurate through timekeeping system.
- Adhere to approved healthcare menus.
- Understand healthcare regulations regarding dining.
- Maintain Manager's ServSafe Certification.
- Attends/Conducts all in-services as required.
- Perform all other reasonable tasks assigned by your Supervisor.
Directly supervises Associates in the Kitchen. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Associates.
Educational Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience as a Chef/Kitchen Manager in a senior living community.
- Successful completion of recognized food safety course - ServSafe Certification.
What We Do:
Gulf Coast Village is the premier Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Cape Coral, Florida. Independent Living offers an unparalleled lifestyle of comfort and convenience, with a rich array of services and amenities that are focused on living well. Of course the complete security of a full continuum of health care, if ever needed, is always available, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Specialized Memory Support, Home Health and Outpatient Services.
What We Are About & What We Expect:
Gulf Coast Village is dedicated to our Service Vision of providing Exceptional Care and World Class Hospitality. Our CARE Core Standards represent: Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness, and Enthusiasm. We expect all of our team members to share in our dedication to our Service Vision and Core Standards.
What You Can Expect from Us:
Full Time Staff: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Full and Part Time Staff: Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Funeral and Jury Duty Leave, Toll Bridge Reimbursement, Direct Deposit, Fitness Center, Blood Donor Program and Appreciation and Recognition Programs.
More Than a Job:
Working here at Gulf Coast Village, our team has the opportunity to serve others. Having a mission, purpose and vision gives meaning to our lives. It provides a reason to go to work beyond a paycheck. We work together as a team in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and fun! If you feel that you are a qualified applicant and want a rewarding position enhancing the lives of others and supporting our Service Vision, we invite you to consider this opportunity.