Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse day shift Full Time-$5K Bonus
at Volunteers of America
Start your Mid-Year with a New Job at Volunteers of America-Senior CommUnity Care PACE Center, Great Place to Work-Certified!
New Retention Incentives-$5K Bonus!!
We are looking for a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team on the AM Shift at our Senior CommUnity Care PACE Center!
***This is a 8:00a-5:00p shift. ***
At Senior CommUnity Care PACE Center, we provide health care in the home and community to older adults who would otherwise live in nursing homes. Our goal is to continue to help people live independently at home with a high quality of life - come join us!
In return for your service - we offer top benefits, scholarships, and a fun and supportive environment.
- Conducts an in person comprehensive initial nursing assessment with new PACE enrollees. Coordinates with the Interdisciplinary Team to develop a comprehensive plan of care for each participant.
- Conducts an in person nursing re-assessment semi-annually and as needed.
- Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Maintains regular attendance at, and participants in Interdisciplinary Team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination for twenty-four (24) hour care delivery.
- Provides orientation, initial and annual competencies, of, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant's (C.N.A.'s), and Clinic Clerk.
- Performs competencies on appropriate day center staff as needed.
- Performs general nursing care to participants. Performs or supervises the administration of prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Signs off orders, orders medications from pharmacy and disseminates orders and instructions to appropriate personnel (call orders to nursing homes, etc.).
- Assist the Nurse Manager and completes the nursing assessment form on visitors and on participants at assigned schedule.
- Effectively communicates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings, family meetings, and clinic meetings.
- In Nurse Manager's absence, supervises LPN's and C.N.A.'s. Evaluates overall effectiveness of the clinic.
- Assists in the treatment, examination, and testing of participants.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.