Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN 3 pm - 11:30 pm shift
at Volunteers of America
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Making a difference in the lives of others - that's what working at Volunteers of America is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring at Sleepy Eye Care Center, which is an Assisted Living, Independent Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care Residence.
Full-time shifts available: 3 pm - 11:30 pm
WAGES: $28.50 - $36.52 (including $3 an hour differential; wages vary depending upon years of experience and the benefits you choose)
Full-Time Benefits when working 30 or more hours a week for Volunteers of America (VOA):
At VOA we understand that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
$5,000 retention bonus when working 32 hours or more a week
Flexible scheduling and consistent hours
Stable organization; we've been a nonprofit for over 120 years
PTO for full-time staff
Positive work environment
Paid training/Continuing education
We welcome new graduates
We value seasoned/experienced staff
Casual positions available to accommodate students
A variety in your daily duties
Fast paced, low stress working environment
Insurance Benefits offered when working 24 hours or more a week:
Flexible Spending Account
Registered Nurse (RN)
Volunteers of America is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join its team. The RN role is to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. As a leader in the organization, the nurse will be the person "in charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
Our person centered care approach provides a low nurse to patient ratio, which allows you to make a real difference in the lives of those in your community. You will truly provide exceptional cares and clinical outcomes to your residents.
- Provides leadership and direction in the assigned unit
- Open communication with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Certification.
Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.
- Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention and Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.