Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is looking Day, Evening, and Night Registered Nurse Supervisor to join its team at Laurel Manor in Colorado Springs, CO!
Retention Bonus up to $5,000
- Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
- Perform direct care related activities for approximately 10 least clinically complex residents.
- Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
- Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing program with a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience, with a combination of long-term care dementia care or acute care. Home care experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a health care setting.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Home Health regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Possess adequate strength, coordination, dexterity and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving patients
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JSGZJttJ