Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Safety Officer I - Weekend Only
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4359
Position Control: 3477
Department: Security and Safety
Accountable To: Director of Security and Safety
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WEEKENDS ONLY - 6 PM to 6 AM or 6 AM to 6 PM
Creation/Revision Date: Septemebr 9, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) patrols and performs security and safety inspections of all school district property. Incumbent(s) ensures security and protection devices are maintained and performs preventative maintenance to these devices. Incumbent(s) ensures safety and security measures are taken place at each designated property and investigates unusual conditions or activities and contacts and cooperates with local enforcement. Incumbent(s) prepares reports, submits information on security information systems, and keeps administration updated with results of inspections.
- Patrols school and administrative buildings and other district property and performs security inspections to provide protection against vandalism, burglary, arson, trespass, and theft. Completely secures campus by checking doors, lights, and ground areas. Responds to alarms and dispatch calls immediately. Identifies non-working alarms, surveillance systems, fire detection systems.
- Assists with coordinating the security and protection of District property by ensuring that locksmith devices, fire detection systems, security and surveillance systems, public address systems, and data infrastructures are installed and maintained accordingly. Implements and maintains the automated systems to include maintaining records, performing periodic inspections and preventative maintenance, installing and programming devices, maintaining database of system information and history, and establishes security codes for each facility and employees.
- Prepares inspection, incident, and other related reports regarding criminal activities, damage and loss of property, and other inspection results. Submits information into security information systems in a timely manner.Monitors student progress in reading and/or mathematics.
- Assists with the administration of risk management for the District to include identifying, analyzing, and controlling occupational and other safety hazards. Remains alert for and reports fire hazards, combustible materials, and other waste materials.
- Investigates unusual conditions and takes immediate emergency actions when malfunctions in plumbing, electrical, air conditioning and heating, and other equipments are detected to reduce danger and prevent possible damage.
- Provides information to Director of Security, district and school administrators, and local law enforcement agencies regarding security and safety issues.
- Detains suspects when appropriate. Attends trials and hearings for criminal activities. Contacts and cooperates with local law enforcement agencies in preventing, controlling, and investigating criminal activities. Informs Director of Security with emergency-related or criminal activities.
- Performs a variety of security-related tasks such as maintaining orderly control of large crowds, enforcing parking regulations, serving civil papers, transporting District monies and mail, and enforcing safety regulations at special school events. Assists with on-campus supervision of special events.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.);
- One year of security-related experience;
- Valid Arizona Department of Transportation Driver’s License.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Three years of law enforcement-related experience;
- Three years of safety and security experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Applying District policies and procedures;
- Understanding safety rules and procedures for students, staff, and other constituents,
- Using safety equipment such as fire extinguishers;
- Operating vehicles in a safe manner;
- Understanding Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA);
- Understanding Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA);
- Knowing Federal and State laws governing area of assignment
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Using computer software related programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Monday, August 17, 2020 12:00 AM -
Friday, October 2, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)