Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Lead Cons
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Enterprise Finance Expense Center of Excellence is responsible for all aspects of expense management to support monthly and quarterly forecasting, business performance analysis, and stress testing and resolution planning scenarios. This team supports all business units and drives towards common expense forecasting methodology as well as works to define and enforce ongoing expense discipline.
This Expense COE leader will be part of the Enterprise Functions / Staff Direct Support team. The future incumbent will:
- Lead key processes (Month-End, 9Q Forecast, CCAR, RRP) to ensure consistency, standardization; drive implementation of best practices across multiple teams and ensure compliance with applicable policies
- Develop and present consolidated views of financial projections and relative benchmarks to provide management with meaningful insight into underlying drivers impacting expense results, as well as highlighting opportunities / risk to provide a basis for credible challenge
- Provide strategic direction and recommendations relative to go forward planning / projections
- Proactively assess impacts of organizational, regulatory, and other changes on upstream / downstream processes to mitigate issues and/or risk
- Manage Efficiency & Effectiveness tracking and validation, as well as identify additional expense saving opportunities to deliver on key financial metrics / benchmarks
- Preparation of additional ad-hoc analyses/presentations and completing special projects or requests within tight deadlines.
Outstanding change management and leadership skills, with the proven ability to foster a culture of strong consultation and collaboration with Enterprise Functions Finance and other Finance COEs will be a critical success factor.
As a team lead, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your partners, and the business by leading with integrity and creating an environment where team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with attention to detail.
- Highly effective with a strong presence and credibility as a result of demonstrating strong business and financial acumen.
- A strong track record of problem solving, attention to detail, critical thinking with a willingness to engage in continuous process improvement.
- Ability to address and act on multiple issues simultaneously.
- The ability to translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present and discuss information in a way that informs others
- and enhances understanding at all levels
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of the Wells Fargo organization, its business lines and financial systems (i.e. general ledger, Essbase/Smartview)
- Self-starter with exceptional critical thinking skills combined with a strategic business focus; can formulate and implement solutions with minimal guidance
- Sense of urgency with ability to adapt to fast changing priorities and timelines
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Champion of change that consistently demonstrates courage and confidence as well as the ability to provide credible challenge
- Proven ability to foster relationships, promote teamwork, influence, and motivate others
- Prior experience with CCAR/MCST and RRP
- Prior experience with model governance and documentation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.