Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infrastructure Engineer - Mainframe Engineer
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Consumer & Small Business Banking Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, branches, Debit Cards and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This Mainframe Engineer provides a key role within the Deposit Operations and Debit Card Technology (DODCT) Platform Services organization. Services include multiple functions and initiatives that are focused on maintaining and improving the operational health, stability, availability, and resiliency of the DODCT environment. The successful candidate for this opening will work in a fast paced environment working with mainframe batch and on-line systems.
Additionally the candidate will:
* Provide Production Support activities for applications in a Mainframe environment using COBOL programming language in a Mainframe environment.
* Participate in automation activities including development, regression testing, trouble shooting, deployment, and user support.
* Troubleshoot production support issues and come up with solutions.
* Ensure products, applications, documents and systems meet established quality standards and requirements.
* Participate in On-Call rotation and BCP exercise to support system applications and a working understanding of agile concepts.
* Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
* Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
* Provide enhancement & troubleshooting support for software systems.
* Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalate issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
* Provide on call support as necessary to resolve production issues.
* Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
Other Desired Qualifications
Experience with VSAM
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.