Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MySQL Database Administrator
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Enterprise Database Management is the CoE for database management within Wells Fargo. This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for the company. The person filling this position must be able to:
* Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
* Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
* Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
* Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
* Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
* Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
* Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
* Consult with and advise senior management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
* Consults extensively with multiple groups, to lead initiatives that could have enterprise impact
* Provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced staff
* Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
* Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
* Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
o Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases in Oracle;
o Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
o Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
o Gathers business requirements identification, analysis and development.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL Enterprise Monitoring or OEM
- 2+ years of experience in database, systems and infrastructure architecture
- 2+ years of experience with database virtualization, compression and high availability solutions
- Technical working knowledge of virtualization, operating systems, network and storage systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field
3+ years of MYSQL database design experience including:
- Experience with infrastructure components including operating system, storage, network, hardware, VMs
- Experience with Linux
- Good Understanding of Shared Database Hosting environments
- Good Understanding of the underlying database infrastructure: systems, storage and networking
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad impact
- Ability to mentor others teammates
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ year’s MYSQL database administration, management or design experience
- 7+ years of MYSQL 5.6, 5.7 on Red Hat Linux, using Oracle CRS technology for clustering
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.