Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
The Clinical Analyst/Informaticist is directly responsible to the Director of Information Systems, the Clinical Analyst/Informaticist (CAI) is responsible for the implementation, configuration, training, and support of health system HIS and EMR software. The CAI is the recognized owner and authority of the HIS and EMR system. The CAI successfully integrates the use of the software applications into the clinical workflow. This role brings together an awareness of clinical practices, application expertise, and a familiarity with technology to develop best practices, train the staff in utilizing those practices. The CAI is responsible for responsible for clinical data reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop expertise in the clinical and ancillary software applications.
- Design and implement educational resources and support end-user training.
- Works with clinical staff to identify and document efficient workflow processes utilizing clinical applications.
- Develop and maintain electronic forms, clinical flowcharts, physician templates and order sets for all clinical departments.
- Serve as a resource person for daily operational issues within the clinical software applications.
- Establishes strong working relationships with application vendor support personnel.
- Is a resource for identified super-users.
- Share knowledge of industry best practices and products; ability to keep up-to-date with new developments, technologies, and trends through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, etc.
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and decision-making authority related to supported technologies.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed, with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers which assists in facilitating positive outcomes.
- With a focus on the clinical environment, this role may also provide similar support services to the other departments of the organization.
- Extensive experience with EMR, HIS, and related clinical applications
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years of clinical application experience.
- Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with physicians.
- Strong customer-service experience and skills.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to manage customer expectations while in clinical settings.
- Professional demeanor.
- Above average communication skills.
- A degree which allowed practice in a clinical field (nursing, pharmacy, lab, respiratory, rehab etc.).
- Experience with Athena.
- Certification in clinical informatics, or project management.
- Previous Clinical Informatics experience
- Experience with regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and squatting; must be able to stand/walk for portions of the day.
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.