X3 Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at X3 Management Services
X3 is seeking a motivated professional Civil Field Superintendent for our Las Vegas market.
We are excited about 2020 and the many projects and clients we are geared up and ready to work with this year. If you want to work with a great team centrally located in Las Vegas, we would love to hear from you. We understand that our crews are pivotal in achieving our client targets and therefore give the best performance bonuses in the market back to our crews on a quarterly basis.
X3 is a veteran-owned, family-oriented, career-minded company working with all major telecom carriers with employees 10+ years and still going strong!
- We are seeking a higly motivated hands on Superintendent that is not afraid to work alongside the foreman to get the job done; with an emphasis on the following:
- Leading crews
- Heavy equipment operation
- Experienced with underground boring, trenching, asphalt and concrete repair and finishing.
- Knowledgeable in traffic control, right of way and permitting.
- Able to communicate with inspectors and schedule inspections accordingly.
- See additional Field Knowledge below.
- Accountable to all employees, clients, suppliers, and self for enforcing a healthy culture, professional attitude, and safe working environment where each employee feels like family, is properly trained and comes to work focused and understanding that the most important duty of a good leader is one who serves others.
- Perform all market Construction bid-walks using bid notes, drawings and project scopes for internal build as well as sub-contractor work.
- Have a clear understand of the project/client contract and standards
- Oversee project schedule, monitor/update market tracker as project progresses and provide thorough report on job progress and status
- Prepare and monitor project budgets ensuring subs, material, and labor stay on track. Include materials take off/validation
- Accountable for the coordination of construction complete activities and close-out packages.
- Ensure all job completions are Trued-Up and all change orders are submitted in a timely manner.
- Work in close collaboration with Market Manager regarding all new billing, WIP adjustments, and forecasting of revenues for all projects responsible for.
- Participate in daily, weekly market meeting with local staff as required.
- Be available for phone calls, emails, conference calls, and other corporate needs in support of company directives as needed.
- Perform Employee Reviews, develop Standard Operating Procedures, develop Method of Procedures, manage Personal Improvement Plans as required for Market Manager.
- Participate and/or perform interviews, hiring, firing, furloughs, and disciplinary action regarding civil as needed.
- Ensure all market civil crewmen are properly trained and certified as required
- Approve time cards for payroll, prepare work schedules, and approve time off requests
- Communicate site rules regarding safety and perform Site safety audits. Prepare once a month safety topic for training.
- Ensure engineering controls, administrative policies and PPE are in place to mitigate safety hazards.
- Investigate document and provide corrective action for any injuries, property damage or near miss incidents
- Heavy equipment needed on sites.
- Trenching, shoring, prepping, plumbing pipe, drainage, back-fill, and compaction.
- Asphalt/concrete forming and pouring
- CMU and Retaining walls, block, fence, etc.
- Pettibone operation, material handling
- Drilling, caisson, steel cage, stacking towers
- Generator set, fuel and test
- Power plants layout with earthquake bracing, batteries, AC / DC systems, electrical wiring
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- H-frame and ice bridge layout and mounting
- City, county and special inspections scheduled and completed.
- Familiar with local Las Vegas territory jurisdictions and geography – local candidates preferred
- Existing relationships with local subcontractors, suppliers, specialty services etc.
Experience and Education
- OSHA 30 or 510
- Construction Degree preferred, but not required
- Project estimating using plans, bid notes, and bid forms is preferred
- 10 years in construction trade with 5 years as Foreman or Superintendent