YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gymnastics Program Coordinator- Lakewood Family Gymnastics Center YMCA
at YMCA of Greater Long Beach
The Lakewood Family YMCA - Gymnastics is looking for a Part Time Gymnastics Program Coordinator for the Welcome Center with both leadership and organizational skills. Candidate will be responsible for supervising staff and activities as it pertains to Gymnastics Programs with the direct support form the Program Director. We are looking for a Gymnastics Program Coordinator who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the students and parents is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members and participants. We embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better experience for our members and participants. If this sounds like a good fit for you please apply!
Must answer all pre-employment questions.
- Manage Branch programs, cash management and receipting procedures, enrollments and registrations, receivables and payments. Monitor program usage, check-in and service procedures, cancellations and changes. Ensure the accurate processing and management of program software systems including DAXKO and others.
- Track program usage, inquiries, tours, terminations, etc.; prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and schedules; collect and distribute program evaluations; conduct quality checks and satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with member relations and involvement, member services inquiries, complaints and concerns. Responsible for new program sign-ups, and program needs. Process financial assistance requests.
- Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of staff. Attend regular staff meetings and assist as needed. Ensure program requirements are enforced.
- Assist with promoting program awareness through publications, marketing materials and member promotion programs. Participate in community/facility events.
- Assist with fundraising and special event efforts; serve as a staff liaison for fundraising team. Provide staff leadership for branch special events.
- Follow and enforce safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensure proper care and use of assets.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required by supervisor.
- Maintain open lines of communication with staff, parents, and supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BRANCH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Academy Gymnastics Program Oversight
- Develop and Update Rotation schedules
- Staffing Gymnastics Academy Classes
- Coordinate Checking In/Attendance/Roll Sheets
- Coordinate Gymnastics Summer Camps, Birthday Parties
- Assist with Program Flyers
- Assist with Program Evaluations
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
We are looking for a Membership Coordinator who demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Building rapport and relating to the members and participants is important. The YMCA staff strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for our members. We embrace new approaches and discovering ideas on how to create a better experience for our participants. If this sounds like a job for you please apply for this position!
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity of culture and thought.
Skill / Requirements
- College Degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification required.
- 2 years experience in related field required.
- Experience in program leadership and staff supervision preferred.
- Experience in sales/marketing, membership retention, program leadership and staff supervision preferred
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, organizational skills, basic PC and typing skills required.
- Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including Fingerprints and background clearance
- Health Screening with TB clearance, and Negative Drug Test Screening.
- Complete all required online training(s).
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.