YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative
at YMCA of San Diego County
Current Customer Service opportunity at Camp Marston.
Seeking energetic and friendly staff that are excited for the opportunity to work with families and members of the communities. As a Customer Service Representative you will serve as a representative of the YMCA by providing excellent customer service and general info as it pertains to YMCA overnight camps, camp store, and other YMCA sites. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Customer Service Representative Does…
- Provides an excellent customer service experience to customers by answering questions about store products and other general information
- Ensures all shelves, counters and tables are fully stocked with merchandise. Sets up advertising displays and arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Rings up merchandise and totals bills for customers, including any discounts. Accepts payment, makes change for customers, wraps and bags purchases
- Follows proper cash handling procedures and balances cash register drawer at the end of shift
- May assist in general office duties, answers incoming phone calls, and assists in registering members for overnight camp or other programs
- May open and close store
What We Look for in a Customer Service Representative…
- Minimum 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Physical ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency and follow the branch emergency plan
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification required within first 30 days of employment