YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor II - PLAY/PGP
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to instruct sports activities for the youth in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION BELOW!
Central –Mission Valley YMCA
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Plan, lead and supervise group practices and games
· Ensure a safe program operation for all participants
· Engage students in varied experiences that meet diverse needs and promote youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility
· Effectively communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with colleagues, supervisor, teachers, principals, and students
· Build positive relationships with staff, participants and parents
· Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings and staff trainings
· Log daily attendance of participants and maintain records
· Demonstrate enthusiasm in all phases of work
· Instill, teach and model YMCA values at all times
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· Two years of experience working in childcare, day camp, community youth outreach setting
· Background in physical education, nutrition or organized youth sports
· Educated in exercise science, child development, or related field highly preferred
· Experience leading and supervising other instructors highly preferred
· Must be able to relate well to youth, parents, and volunteers
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute